Religion in Muvattupuzha
Three religions Hindus, Christians and Muslims can be seen living in harmony in Muvattupuzha. Hindus comprises of brahmins, nairs, ezhavas and scheduled castes. You can see agraharams of Kerala Iyers in Kavumpady road of Muvattupuzha town. As per reports, hindus form the majority religion in Muvattupuzha.
Syrian Christians also form a major part of the population in Muvattupuzha. They are classified into SyroMalabar Catholics, SyroMalankara Catholics, Jacobites and Malankara Orthodox Christians. Muvattupuzha is blessed with Muvattupuzha diocese of Jacobite Syrian Orthodox church and Kandanad east diocese of Malankara orthodox church.
Muslims is highly populated in the MuvattupuzhaKothamangalam region. They are called Mappila muslims. Muslims here are classified into Sunni and Ahmediya.
- Velloorkunnam Shiva Temple
- Puzhakkarakavu Bhagavathy Temple
- Sree Kumara Bhajana Devaswom Temple
- Pallikavu Bhagavathy Temple
- Sivankunnu Temple
- Holy Magi SyroMalabar Catholic Forane Church
- St Joseph's SyroMalankara Catholic Cathedral
- Math Mariam SyroMalabar Catholic Forane Church
- Christ The King Roman Latin Church
- Central Mahallu Jammaat
- Perumattom Dasukhi Masjid
- Pettah Juma Masjid
- Ahmediyya Mosque